Transplant Community Portal
Washington Regional Transplant Company (WRTC) needed a site that was to be used by their hospitals and committees members involved in the organ transplant program. The site needed to have both intranet and internet exposure with different user base and security needs.
Members could register themselves either as hospital or committee member. These sites needed to use secure communication channel to stop eavesdropping or unauthorized tapping of data. All the users (i.e. internal admins, hospital members, and committee members) had to use the same set of data but with different privileges. Facility to manage these users and other custom data was to be provided. Apart from these, facility to generate custom reports was needed. Later on Apogee wanted to move their existing site to the latest SharePoint infrastructure.
Products And Services Used
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 80%
- SharePoint Migration 2007 to 2010 75%
- Web parts 80%
- Forms based Authentication 60%
- The whole system, when conceived, was developed on SharePoint 2007 system as it was the latest SharePoint offering at that time. The site needed to communicate through https channel.
- The intranet site, to be used by internal staff admins, needed windows authentication; whereas the other two internet facing sites for hospital and committee members needed to use custom forms based authentication, using separate asp.net membership providers.
- Separate application pages and user controls needed to be developed for user management and other custom site management needs.
- Mechanism to deactivate inactive users since configurable number of days had to be provided.
- Each user was to be given its own separate space where in he/she could store their personal information.
- Reporting was to be provided through SQL Servers reporting service.
- Later on Apogee wanted to use the latest SharePoint 2010 infrastructure features, which needed the site to be migrated from existing SharePoint 2007 platform.
- We created a web-application to store all required data. This was made to use windows authentication and was available to be used in intranet environment.
- This web-application was extended twice, once for use by hospital members, and another by committee members. Also these two extensions were configured to use forms based authentication, and was available to be used by external users through internet connection.
- A mixture of various user controls under application pages were used to provide all custom logic needs.
- For the inactive user expiration, we developed a timer-job that checked each day for users inactive for more than configured days.
- Reporting requirements were provided by integrating SQL servers reporting service with SharePoint as in that case end users could prepare their own custom reports as per their requirements, and modify as and when required.
- We installed required software for setting up configuring SharePoint 2010 infrastructure. We then migrated the whole web-application to this newly configured SharePoint 2010 platform.
- SharePoint provided a great infrastructure for document and user management, and fulfilled all security needs.
- Data sharing with separate security offerings gave great control over same data from different viewpoints.
- Reporting services gave a very flexible environment for generating and sharing commonly used reports.
- Migrating to SharePoint 2010 provided all latest offerings like Claims based authentication and Service oriented architecture.
Request A Quote
Get an instant update of our work by following us on Social Media
Near Chhani Circle, Vadodara.
Gujarat – India – 390 002
Phone: +91-265 2775555