PHP Application Migration to SharePoint
Client was having a PHP site for their internal operations i.e. intranet. Also they had a lot of independent sub-systems / applications in this PHP intranet environment. This was tough to maintain as it involved a lot of developer inputs whenever changes were needed. Security (i.e. authentication and authorization) was also a prime concern.
Products And Services Used
- SharePoint Migration (PHP to SharePoint 2013) 70%
- SharePoint Branding 75%
- jQuery based web parts 80%
- They had a dashboard that showed various useful information and gives way to navigate to other locations in site.
- The php system needed to be replicated as a SharePoint site.
- All individual sub-systems needed to be merged into one single application/site.
- Look and feel was needed to be kept same as legacy system for easy end user transition to new SharePoint system.
- Normal SharePoint navigation is a single level deep offering. But need was for a three level deep and customizable by any non-technical user.
- Custom branding to have page elements similar to the legacy system.
- Metadata navigation of up to three level depth for easy navigation and search-ability.
- Various dashboard elements implemented as Web Parts for easy customization and maintenance.
- SharePoint blog site for blogging purpose, and fetching data for some of the dashboard Web Parts.
- Solution was made as a sandbox solutions for easy migration to SharePoint online; if needed in future.
- All Web Parts work asynchronously for a seamless and un-obstructive end user experience.
- SharePoint provided a great online platform that can be easily customized by any authorized, non-technical end user.
- SharePoint provides a well-built blogging environment.
- Authentication and authorization are at the core of any SharePoint site.
- All individual sub-systems from legacy application are merged into a single SharePoint site.